Is it really free?
- Yes digital defender antivirus is really free for non-commercial users. We are not going to force you to buy it. We have added certain limitations to it that are listed in the bottom of this page. This software will provide you with a good protection against viruses. If you want a more comprehensive protection we recommend that you upgrade to digital defender pro.
Easy to use
- digital defender antivirus' user interface was designed to be easy to use for both beginners and experienced users.
Incremental virus database update
- Using the incremental update mechanism the download time is reduced to a minimal level so we can release additional antivirus database packages several times a day to improve the defence. Users can obtain protection against new malware without spending a long time and generating considerable network load for the update.
- digital defender antivirus' resident protection realtime protection provides a comprehensive protection against malware
Outstanding performance and effectiveness
- digital defender antivirus' scanning engine has outstanding performance. The engine uses behavioural (heuristic) analysis to detect harmful programs. Thanks to its platform and operating system independent scanning methods it effectively scans for all known viruses, worms, trojans, backdoors, scripts, macro viruses and other harmful code on any system.
Small memory footprint
- A new patent pending design for memory usage, has made digital defender antivirus' memory footprint incredibly small. This means it can run just as well on netbooks as on normal PCs.
NOTE: My experience with this on Windows 7 x64 was a complete disaster. I have read from other sources that others are happy with it. The disaster included complete system freezes. After removal, many programs just started to randomly crash; the registry entries made seemed to have been only half removed.
For this reason, I have removed the Homepage link for this program. It can easily be found by searching for the application name. I would normally just remove the post completely, but maybe my experience is not the norm based on other reviews. So....use discretion.